PACKING FOR A TROPICAL GETAWAY
by guest blogger Katie Anderson of Modern Eve
As summer and warm weather approaches, I can’t help but dream of tropical sunsets, the smell of salt water and the quiet of a rising tide. While I typically use my vacation days for city travel, I am longing for a relaxing beach getaway. I need to unwind, unplug and sip pina coladas. Lots of pina coladas.
If frequent flyer miles were aplenty and time away was not an issue, I’d book a trip to the Maldive Islands and leave tomorrow. And since we’re in my fantasy world, I’d stay at this resort (currently in development). I love modern architecture and this promotional video rendering by MIAJA sold me. It might be a good thing that the project is not yet completed, because I’m pretty tempted to take out a loan for this trip right now. Man, do I need to get away.
Since the main purpose of this trip is relaxation, I’ll definitely be bringing along some of my favorite beauty products to pamper myself. Normal life is so hectic right now that I hardly have time to wash my face, much less time to give myself a manicure or hair treatment.
1. Moroccanoil Treatment to repair and nourish my hair.
2. Smartshield Suncreen Lotion to shield my face and body from the harsh sun rays.
3. Estee Lauder BB Creme for low maintenance make-up coverage alternative and SPF protection.
4. Bliss Ingrown Eliminating Pads to clear up any bikini line bumps.
5. BlowPro ‘Beach Blow’ Texturizing Mist to give me a naturally wavy style following our afternoon dips in the the Indian Ocean.
6. Dior Diorshow Mascara for sexy nighttime eyes.
7. Vibran C Lip Treatment to moisturize and protect my lips from the sun.
10. Of course I’d take all of these great items with me in my Stephanie Johnson JENNY Train Case in Turks and Cacos. Not only is it a convenient size and shape, but the print will fit right in with my island-inspired sundresses and bathing suits.
Katie Anderson is founder and editor of Modern Eve, a Dallas-based lifestyle blog featuring original content related to fashion, party planning, home decor and travel.