TRAVEL ESSENTIALS (IN 3 OZ. OR LESS)
By guest blogger Nicole Caruso of The City Girl in Me
Whenever I travel, I simplify my beauty routine down to the most versatile products and keep them tucked into this sleek Stephanie Johnson zip case.
With an upcoming trip to the cosmopolitan city of Santiago, Chile, I wanted to make sure I pack items that could take me from sightseeing by day to candlelit dinners by night. What I love most about this SJ bag is how it also works double duty for daytime outings (passport, lip balm, concealer) and nighttime strolls with the chic gold wristlet attachment.
Here are some products I keep in my carry-on to look flawless, hydrated, and glowing, even with jet lag.
1. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid SPF 70. This lightweight formula is perfect to wear everyday and keep skin from harsh sun, while marveling over city sights.
2. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. Both a creamy cheek tint and lip color in one, Uber Beige adds shimmer-free bronze warmth to the skin in a few swipes.
3. Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm. Whether sunburn or chapped lips hit, this balm will soothe and heal.
4. Benefit High Beam. Get the I’m-on-vacation-glow: dot and blend this on the inner corners of the eyes, brow bones, cheekbones, and the cupid’s bow.
5. Choward’s Lemon Mints. Old school candy never gets old, just make sure and save some for a post-flight pick-me-up.
6. Jouer Lip Gloss. With one swipe, the hydrating formula in Birchbox Pink gives a pop of color for day, and can be layered into a deeper hue for cocktail hour.
7. L’Occitane Hand Cream. 10+ hours in flight is drying to the skin, and this rich cream moisturizes without getting greasy.
8. Sephora Waterproof Liner. Creamy, waterproof eyeliner in a rich brown gives the lash line definition for day without smearing, and can be reapplied and smudged into a Sophia Loren cat eye for night.
9. Benefit They’re Real! Mascara. Nothing widens eyes like super-black, volume-boosting, lengthening mascara.
10. Makeup Forever HD Concealer. This HD concealer is the more pigmented mini-version of the HD foundation, so conceal a little or a lot and leave the big bottle at home.
11. Harvey Prince Yogini Perfume. Since it is still summer in Chile, a heavy scent won’t do. This fragrance is the perfect balance of sweetness and spice — one spritz for day and two for night.
The best part: all of these beauty all-stars are under the TSA 3 oz. limit. Happy jet-setting!
Nicole Caruso writes The City Girl in Me, a fashion and beauty blog for women looking to bring out their inner “City Girl”– a style savvy, budget conscious, hard working girl who wants to look her best in order to feel her best. Her mission is to guide women to become their ideal, while shopping everywhere from the thrift store to Saks.
Nicole has been enamored with fashion and beauty since the tender age of 2, when her stylish mom introduced her to her Coco Chanel perfume, Lancome lipstick, and Oscar de la Renta silk scarves. She has since been pouring over magazine spreads and memorizing outfit ideas. Nicole draws inspiration from art, period fashion, film, and her worldwide travels. She has worked for a New York fashion house and backstage at Fall Fashion Week, while also freelancing as a makeup artist for weddings and special events. The City Girl in Me is the place where Nicole shares her expertise on all things fashion & beauty, such as current trends, style tips, makeup application and more.