You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Ashley Breckel’ tag.
WHAT’S IN MY SJ?
By guest blogger Ashley Breckel of The Style Umbrella
I am a little bit of a makeup junkie, so I’ve got a lot to store and carry with me, as well. I use the Laura Large Trapezoid to hold all of my makeup at home, and the Mini Pouch to carry around my essentials during the day for touchups. They’re the perfect size for all my goodies, and are easy to wipe down inside when something leaks or spills. Here are my absolute MUST-HAVE beauty items that I keep in my SJ (and some fave bags where I stash ‘em!):
2. Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil – this pencil does double-duty with color and a brow brush to get stray hairs back in line. It keeps my brows in check and perfectly shaped.
3. Stila Eye Shadow in Kitten – I’ve been a fan of Stila eye shadows for years now; they go on so silky smooth. Kitten is a great shimmery nude-pink color that works perfectly for an everyday office look.
4. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat - This. Is. A. Miracle. Worker. I don’t know what I would do without this product. It’s the first thing I put on in the morning, and it instantly makes you look awake and radiant when you put it under your eyes. I can look like I am rested and fresh even when I’ve been out all night. If I could only have one thing from my makeup bag, I think this might be it!
5. Nars Orgasm Blush - I swear by this blush. It truly is flattering on everyone. The golden-pinky-peach is such a gorgeous shade. It’s pretty much the only blush I will ever wear and I’ve been wearing it for years now. Trust me, there is a reason that it’s consistently named one of the most popular blush colors in the world!
6. Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado – my mother once told me her secret to looking younger than her age was that she had used eye cream every single day since she turned nineteen. I took that advice to heart – she looks amazing – and am always moisturizing. This formula is super rich and hydrating.
7. Bare Minerals High Shine Eye Color - this is a great shadow option for when I am on the go. Just unscrew the top and swipe it on your lid and you’re done. So simple and fast – no muss, no fuss!
8. Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils Mascara – I am addicted to this mascara. I get it in the blackest black I can, and it creates the most luxurious long lashes. People will think you are wearing false lashes – trust me. I get so many compliments on my eyelashes when I wear this.
9. Bare Minerals Foundation - this is one of the most crucial parts to my beauty routine. I do not have perfect skin, and this lightweight foundation has flawless coverage, but still lets my skin feel like it can breathe.
10. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick – I love how light this lipstick is – it just glides right on and is so rich. There are a dozen colors I love, but one of my favorites is Liberte: a coral pink-red that feels just right for summer. Plus, the glossy finish keeps you from looking too made up.
11.) Stephanie Johnson Flat Pouches in Palm Desert White – love this white-hot trio of pouches for storing summer makeup!
There are dozens (upon dozens) more lip glosses, eye shadows, eye liners and lipsticks in my SJ pouches, but I will spare you the details on each and every shade. These are the ones I can’t live without and I love that I have my pretty little pouches to carry them around in. I am almost as addicted to them as the makeup inside!
Ashley Breckel is a style blogger living in Seattle, where she also works as a travel magazine editor. She is also: a mom to a snorting, sniffling pug with an attitude, a perpetual dreamer, a magazine junkie, a die-hard romantic, a lip gloss addict, an avid reader, a lover of any and all things Italian, a history nerd, a shopaholic and a travel fanatic. She tends to let her imagination run away with her, loves to dance, cherishes her friends and family, and is determined to never stop exploring the world around her.