You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘SHOP’ category.
Beach vacations, lazy days lounging by the pool, wedding weekends . . . summer travel season is officially here! If you’re looking to upgrade your organizational arsenal – or just want to make packing for those summer getaways a bit more fun – we’ve compiled an assortment of our best bags and accessories to carry you all the way through Labor Day in style.
But don’t take our word for it – these pieces are hand-picked by some of our fave editors and bloggers. Travel chic!
1. Tucson Desert Molly Straw Mat (as seen in People Style Watch’s Summer Hot List): So much more than a beach mat, this essential summer companion is great for picnics, outdoor concerts, BBQs, or if you simply want to work on your tan in your own backyard. Grosgrain handles make it easy to carry with you anywhere you want to go.
2. Charleston ML Traveler (styled here by Peridot Skys): We often favor this carry-all for organizing makeup, but the truth is, it’s a great jewelry case as well! The super-resilient snap-out mesh pouches and clear zip pouch are ideal for bigger pieces like chunky bangles or statement necklaces, and the bag’s design puts all of your favorite baubles easily on display.
3. Tucson Sky Mary Alice Tote (styled here by Merritt Loughran of mml PR and accompanied by the Molly Straw Mat; seen in American Salon Magazine): For the beach, for the pool, for a weekend away – a great everyday tote bag is a summer must-have. We’ve designed our Mary Alice Tote to match our Molly Straw Mat in two color combinations: serene Tucson Sky and red-hot Tucson Desert.
4. Malibu Lemon Medium Flat Pouch (styled here by 312 Beauty): The perfect size for lipsticks and other daily essentials, this sunny yellow zip pouch will never get lost inside your handbag or tote. It also does double duty as a pretty summer clutch.
5. Miami Pink Medium Zip Cosmetic (as seen on Daily Candy): Pool and beach-friendly, nothing says summer fun like transparent neon pink! Great for your sunscreen or to hold all of your gym or spa essentials.
6. Tucson Desert Laura Large Trapezoid (styled here by Dear Serendipity): The slender silhouette of this zip top toiletry bag is a bit deceiving; it’s actually incredibly spacious. I love the simple, easily packable shape, and the fact that it sits upright on a vanity so I can easily grab what I need.
7. Miami Yellow Jumbo Zip Cosmetic (styled here by Beauty 411): It’s truly mind-blowing how much product can fit inside our Jumbo Zip Cosmetic! This bag is the ultimate travel companion for the girl who doesn’t want to leave anything behind.
8. Palm Desert Orange Grace Brush Case (styled here in a South Beach-inspired tableau by Brooke Kiernan): A separate compartment for brushes means that sparkly, shimmery eye shadow and powder residue won’t end up all over the contents of your makeup bag! Know a bride with an upcoming summer wedding? She’ll love the Grace.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and if you’re still looking for the perfect gift for Mom: look no further! I’ve compiled some of the greatest hits from our current Stephanie Johnson collection to offer ideas for inspired gifting.
Take a peek below and then be sure to check your inboxes (or our Facebook page) tomorrow, April 25th, as we’ll be launching a special promotion to make shopping for Mom even sweeter.
Happy browsing and as always, travel chic!
1. Napa Erela Jewelry Case: Named after my (almost!) five-year-old daughter Erela, this jewelry case has a special place in my heart. Erela includes two clear zip pockets, a ring roll, and a sizeable snap-out fabric pouch with zip closure, all with plenty of room to house your favorite gems. Why not enclose a carefully chosen pair of earrings or necklace inside, to make for an extra special gift?
2. Ibiza Lavender Alex Sparkle Cosmetic: Give Mom the gift of glamour with this sparkly zip top bag, featuring waterfall sequins in lovely lavender. Perfect for a special dinner, a festive brunch, or a night out on the town.
3. Charleston Katie Folding Cosmetic: With its two clear zip pockets and snap closure, this sleek cosmetic case is a great home for makeup essentials, and its delicately feminine rose and beige diamond pattern raffia exterior allows it to double as a pretty handbag.
4. Tucson Sky ML Traveler: A perennial best-seller, our ML Traveler is the Cadillac of cosmetic carry-alls. With two snap-out mesh pouches, a removable clear zip pouch, clear wall pocket, and removable mirror, it may be the most versatile piece in our organizational arsenal. If your Mom appreciates having everything in its place, she’ll love the ML.
5. Miami Yellow Side Handle Tube: If a summer vacation is on the books, you won’t want to travel without our Side Handle Tube! It’s the perfect size to fill with sunscreen and other sea or poolside basics, and the side handle makes it easy to carry along. Cheery transparent lemon yellow means you’ll know exactly what’s inside.
6. Tucson Sky Fiona Dome Cosmetic: Aqua, chocolate, saffron and sage zigzag across soft white canvas in this enchanting half-moon shaped clutch. Pair it with our Tucson Sky ML Traveler to make an extra special gift.
7. Torino Mary Brush Case: Ultra-modern zigzag raffia meets raspberry patent leather trim, raspberry patent tassel zipper pulls and inviting lemon liner in a cosmetic case that’s perfect for every day use. The interior lid contains four pockets for makeup brushes and the base boasts plenty of room for cosmetics.
8. Miami Pink Medium Zip Cosmetic: Our Medium Zip Cosmetic is a favorite among beauty editors because its size and shape makes it the ideal everyday makeup bag. Great for the gym, the pool, and the beach (or anywhere!), put all of your essentials on display in oh-so-pretty, transparent hot pink. As seen on Daily Candy.com and in the pages of Cosmopolitan Magazine.
9. Palm Desert White Snap Mirror: Swirls of metallic gold zebra printed on creamy white canvas adds a serious dose of glamour to our double-sided compact mirror. Secures with our signature gold ‘S’ logo stud snap closure.
10. Malibu Lemon Large Flat Pouch & Gold Wristlet: Our Large Flat Pouch is a great everyday basic. Fill it with essentials – everything from band aids to hair ties to makeup to jewelry – to keep in your handbag, or attach our gold wristlet to the zipper pull to easily transform it into a pretty clutch. I’ve selected the bright and sunny Malibu Lemon color as it’s as cheerful as a spring day, but we’ve got oodles of prints and colors to choose from!
11. Tucson Desert Molly Straw Mat: A picnic in the park, a lazy beach day . . . our straw mat is destined to become Mom’s favorite summer companion! Natural straw trimmed in bright red grosgrain folds up into a compact carrying case, complete with grosgrain handles for easy portability.
12. Miami Orange Jumbo Zip Cosmetic: For travel or for life, this jumbo sized case is simply a bright and pretty way to carry and store lots and lots of beauty products. You won’t believe how much product it holds!
I’ve been hanging at home this winter catching up on the latest Ina Garten recipes but couldn’t resist a trip out west with friends to ski. I’m an Aspen girl but jumped at the chance to give Utah a try. They say Deer Valley is for the pampered set so my expectations were high. After five days of comparing every last detail to Aspen/Snowmass, I’m pretty sure my traveling companions wanted to throw me off the high speed quad. Truth is: it took me about five days to really appreciate what Deer Valley has to offer.
We rented an amazing townhouse at the base of the mountain. We shared with friends, cooking most dinners at home with a glass of wine in hand, a fire roaring and children underfoot. Wearing my pjs and reading by the light of the fire is my ski trip fantasy.
I checked out The Montage, The St. Regis and The Stein Eriksen Lodge. I would stay at any of these fab resorts. Ski-in, ski-out, each serves a delicious skiers’ buffet lunch and is nestled into the mountain. As a rule, Deer Valley is more accessible than Aspen via direct flights into Salt Lake City and therefore makes it a perfect weekend destination. Despite a great kids ski school and a family friendly reputation, DV felt more like a lovers’ long weekend retreat. Any of these hotels will do the trick.
Fireside Dining was worth the hype but the accompanying optional sleigh ride wasn’t. If it’s a sleigh ride you want, try Sun Valley or Aspen as this short ten minute ride around the parking lot will likely disappoint. The dining, however, was superb. Imagine a starter course of raclette cheese melted by an open fire with cornichon, fruit and charcuterie. Followed by short ribs, trout, lamb and rosti potatoes. The fondue dessert came three ways: dark chocolate, white chocolate Grand Marnier, and caramel with a buffet of fruit and cakes to dip.
Although the service should have been better at this Four Diamond restaurant, the burger was one of the best I’ve had at the Goldener Hirsch. A favorite for fondue and a busy evening spot, try a relaxing lunch between runs on Bald Eagle Mountain. You will feel as if you’ve been transported to an Austrian village no matter what you order.
Pop into the St. Regis après ski for quite possibly the best hot chocolate bar EVER. I think the secret is in the whipped cream. And did I mention it’s free?
Well, ski, of course! Deer Valley has the requisite ski valet on mountain and great dining options, but what makes this mountain special is the fact they groom nearly 100% of their terrain nightly. Die hards will argue that the snow is drier in Utah than Colorado and they may have a point. Deer Valley also doesn’t allow snow boarders on mountain.
No post about DV would be complete without including a little plug for one of our fave SJ retailers, Splendor, located at the Redstone Town Center in Park City. A cozy apothecary stocking high-end beauty products and boasting a skin bar offering a full menu of treatments, Splendor has been carrying Stephanie Johnson products for years, and is a must-stop if you ever find yourself in Park City!
All of the above-mentioned Deer Valley luxury resorts have great spa options, so indulge in a massage after a day on the bumps.
Deer Valley had me wanting for Snowmass’ wide slopes, mountain maps on every chairlift, and the temperature display at every chair download. However missed these small perks were, I still would hop the four hour flight to SLC for a weekend of guaranteed groomed trails and a greater likelihood of snow. After all it’s about the skiing, right?