You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘SHOP’ category.
The tranquil paradise of Harbour Island offers so much to experience, I couldn’t confine my trip to just one post. For tips on my favorite Harbour Island resorts and restaurants, check out Destination Harbour Island, Part One. Then read on below for Part Two of my Bahamian adventure!
The preferred mode of transport here is the golf cart. There are several rental options on the island and we got ours from Dunmore Rentals. We woke early each morning and hopped in our dew covered cart to have breakfast and explore the island. Morning excursions included the ‘Haunted House,’ visits to Goldie the talking parrot at Romora Bay, and feeding fresh water to Gina Valentina the manatee at Valentine’s. Afternoons were ideal for ice cream runs to The Sweet Spot where we loved fresh mango and coconut sorbets, ginger lime and espresso ice cream.
Lil’ Shans is a tiny shack in the parking lot at Valentine’s. This is where we found Luther, our captain for an afternoon of fun on the water. He took us to neighboring island Eleuthera, where we saw giant sea stars dotting the clear ocean floor and baby turtles speeding along. We snorkeled around a rock formation and fed the bright tropical fish and saw a giant sting ray camouflaged under the pink sand. We stopped in shallow water, where we discovered hundreds of sun bleached sand dollars underfoot. Our trip with Luther was the highlight for me and I can’t wait to return to those clear blue waters.
Bring a racquet and play tennis but you will have to bring a partner too. Run on the beach where you are likely to see a tanned and toned India Hicks running with her Black Lab. Soak up the sun and float in the ocean all day long.
A visit to India Hicks’ shop The Sugar Mill will be where to find her own island batik bedcovers and sheets and bright nylon ntandy belts by friend Napper. I loved my visit with Amy at The Blue Rooster, a well-curated island shop with island flavor and a high chic factor. I found gorgeous gold jewelry, elegant beach cover ups and Stephanie Johnson bags! Princess Gallery is where to find island entertaining essentials and local art. I loved the Bahama Hand Print robes and napkins. The gift shop at the Pink Sands Resort had an excellent selection of straw hats (that’s where I picked up mine), canvas espadrilles and colorful pareos trimmed in pompoms (I picked up one of these as well)!
Erela and I visited with Alice at A & A Hidden Treasures several times on our trip. Alice hand weaves hats and totes and clutches and sells them in an open air space along the road. Erela chose a cross body bag with a blue raffia butterfly and the word Bahamas embroidered on the back. Alice personalized it with Erela’s name and E hasn’t taken it off since.
The best thing about this tiny island (it’s only 3.5 miles long and a half mile wide) was the people we met. Everywhere we went we ran into the same folks, mostly visitors like us, and unlike us this was not their first visit. Harbour Island had been their special paradise for many years and we were happy to share in their secret.
Pretty in pink, radiant in red, charming in coral . . . what color is your love this Valentine’s Day? Lucky for you, we have an abundance of gift-able Stephanie Johnson cases and carryalls in an array of cupid-inspired colors, perfect for the loved ones on your list! These are some of my favorite objects of desire for a sweet V-Day.
1. Snap Mirror
Every lady needs a pretty compact, and our double-sided snap mirror is always a great gift! In a rich turquoise and gold bengaline Indian star print, this little looking glass is decidedly glam.
Pictured here in: Mumbai Turquoise
2. Fiona Dome Cosmetic
This enchanting half-moon shaped cosmetic bag is smart and stylish in a crisp coral and beige chevron weave. The perfect every day makeup case for the lady who favors classic chic.
Pictured here in: Sag Harbor
3. Martha Large Briefcase
A new shape this season, Martha provides serious storage for your beauty arsenal. Equipped with three roomy and removable zip pouches (two fabric, one plastic), a large clear zip wall pocket, and tall handles to carry or hang over a bathroom door, this cosmetic briefcase is an amazing gift for the product lover in your life!
Pictured here in: Sag Harbor
4. Jenny Train Case
Take it from me, as someone who spends a lot of time on the road, the Jenny Train Case is the perfect go-to for both long trips, and weekend getaways. I love the interior elastic that straps products in place, and the bonus clear zip pouch and removable mirror. If your lady is a frequent traveler, this is definitely the bag for her!
Pictured here in: Bermuda
5. Katie Folding Cosmetic
With two interior clear zip pockets, this charming case secures with snap closure and is the perfect size to hold makeup basics, while its stylish shape means it’s too cute to be kept hidden inside your handbag. The Katie is always a favorite, and it’s irresistible in vibrant rainbow cotton knit!
Pictured here in: Bermuda
6. ML Traveler
A perennial best-seller, our ML Traveler is the Cadillac of cosmetic carry-alls. With two snap-out mesh pouches, a removable clear zip pouch, clear wall pocket, and removable mirror, it may be the most versatile piece in our organizational arsenal.
Pictured here in: Mumbai Fuchsia
7. Mini Pouch
A miniature pocketbook, a pint-size makeup case . . . the possibilities are endless with our Mini Pouch! No matter who you’re gifting, you can’t go wrong with one of these little cuties, available in a wide range of colors and fabrics.
Pictured here in: Mumbai Buff
8. Alicia Carry-All
A perfect carry-all for every day or a weekend getaway, this gorgeous Indian print satchel will easily transition to a can’t-live-without beach bag as the weather gets warmer.
Pictured here in: Mumbai Turquoise
9. Large Flat Pouch
Fill our Large Flat Pouch with essentials – everything from band aids to hair ties to makeup to jewelry – and keep at the ready in your handbag or carry-on. A beautiful basic everyone is sure to love.
Pictured here in: Mumbai Coral
10. Medium Zip Cosmetic
Our Medium Zip Cosmetic is a favorite among beauty editors because its size and shape makes it the ideal go-everywhere makeup bag. Great for work essentials, the gym, an overnight stay, or anywhere, I’m currently obsessed with the Medium Zip in this season’s boho chic Careyes ikat print.
Pictured here in: Careyes
Hi friends! The holiday season is upon us, and if you’re still searching for the perfect gift: look no further! I’ve compiled some of the greatest hits from our current Stephanie Johnson collection to offer ideas for inspired gifting.
Take a peek below and then be sure to check your inboxes (or our Facebook page) tomorrow, December 5th, as we’ll be launching a special promotion to make holiday shopping even sweeter!
Happy browsing, and as always, travel chic!
1. Wilshire Grace Brush Case: Grace is one of our most popular makeup cases, with four brush pockets and plenty of space for your beauty essentials. With a metallic onyx and silver art deco print and flirtatious hot pink interior, this case is destined to delight Gatsby-loving girls everywhere.
2. Madison Avenue Large Flat Pouch: Sleek obsidian velvet and sequin crocodile elevates basic black to a whole new level of luxury, making this an ultra-chic makeup pouch that does double duty as a glamorous evening bag. Classic enough for Mom, yet stylish enough for your most fashionable friends, you can cover a lot of gift-giving bases with this one.
3. Geneva Grey Alex Sparkle Cosmetic: With shimmering silver sequins nestled against soft sweeps of feathery faux fur and metallic platinum trim and tassel zipper pull, this alpine-inspired dream of a clutch will surely add sparkle to a cold winter’s night.
4. Tinseltown Rose Gold Cassandra Large Zip Top: This diva-sized case is a beauty junkie’s dream! Add some shimmer to your vanity with a glitzy metallic exterior in warm rose gold.
5. Sedona Jenny Train Case: I don’t like to play favorites, but I’ll admit it: the Jenny Train Case is my go-to travel toiletry kit. There’s plenty of room for essentials like shampoo and skin cream, and elastic bands ensure that product will remained strapped securely in place. If you know someone planning a winter getaway, our train case (seen here in our earthy Sedona raffia collection) is the perfect gift.
6. Laguna Coral Katie Folding Cosmetic: Featured in Redbook Magazine’s early-bird holiday gift guide, Katie features two clear zip pockets ideal for makeup and can’t-live-without essentials. With a sweet silhouette (and a secure snap closure), it’s no wonder Katie is frequently seen carried as a handbag.
7. Dubai iPad Case: Safeguard your favorite tech toy inside our iPad Case’s softly cushioned nylon interior. Black patent tassel zipper pull and spiraling columns of sequins in glittering gold and lustrous obsidian will add some serious bling to your tablet.
8. Laguna Turquoise Mini Pouch: Use it as a miniature wallet, a home for makeup basics, a jewelry pouch . . . the possibilities are endless with our Mini Pouch! Make your season bright with this turquoise patent cutie, trimmed in metallic silver.
9. Tinseltown Gold Medium Flat Pouch and Gold Wristlet: What says holiday more than metallic gold? A must-have basic, our Medium Flat Pouch is the perfect size to toss inside your handbag, but is eye-catching enough that you’ll want to clip on our gold wristlet and wear it out.
10. Nile Julie Jewelry Case: If you’re gifting jewelry, why not elevate a ring, necklace or earrings by enclosing them inside this stunning, svelte jewelry case? Sparkling sequins dance like diamonds upon the surface of exotic leopard, making this an anything but run of the mill animal print.