You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘PACK’ category.
This week, the lovely Lara Ramos (the beauty guru behind The Glossarie and self-proclaimed Stephanie Johnson addict) drops by to give us a peek inside her favorite SJ bags, and shares her tips for traveling chic. Read on:
I am jetting off for a few days in sunny Los Angeles and I could not be more excited! Even though the purpose of my trip is work-related, I have never been to LA so I hope to explore a little bit and enjoy some of my last days of peace and quiet before the birth of my first baby this August. I think I’m probably one of the only people on earth who actually enjoys packing for a trip, but there is something about the anticipation of fun activities and the planning that goes along that makes me happy – plus I get to break out all of my gorgeous Stephanie Johnson goodies, and well, who doesn’t love that?
I am not the world’s best flyer, especially solo, and most especially at eight months pregnant. The thought of a five hour flight gives me some anxiety, but being prepared definitely helps to ease some of that. When flying, I always, always pack a Large Flat Pouch with a few necessities because I find that it fits so nicely in the seat-back pocket. It’s easy to toss into my carry-on tote and as a major added bonus, it doubles as the cutest clutch when I arrive to my destination! This trip I’m keeping earbuds and my backup iPhone battery handy because I’ve loaded my phone with meditations, my latest Kindle read, and a movie. Since plane cabins can be so drying, I also toss in hand cream and lip balm, plus a calming essential oil from Tata Harper. (Nervous flyers, this stuff is brilliant – a couple of drops rubbed into my palms and then breathed in deeply does wonders!)
For a three-day trip, my beauty essentials fit perfectly inside Stephanie Johnson’s Grace Brush Case. I recently told Steph that I hoard this style (I think I have three different versions!) because it is so good. It’s compact, but at the same time you can stuff it to the gills and I never have to worry about leaving a favorite product behind. I use the slots on the flap to store brushes, pencils, and my favorite Tocca scent. The body is more than ample space to store all of my daily beauty essentials (makeup, skincare, haircare – the whole gang) – including a few multi-taskers and miracle workers that really pull their weight when I’m away from home:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sellout – this luminous pink champagne highlights the brow bone, brightens inner corners and even works as a cheek highlighter when layered lightly over my favorite blush.
- A long flight and jet lag do not a perky Lara make so First Aid Beauty’s Eye Duty Triple Remedy is the first thing I apply in the mornings when I’m away from home. The formula brightens, depuffs, and smooths any fine lines, helping me to fake eight hours.
- There’s a good chance that I can get my blowout to last through this entire trip and Bumble & Bumble’s Pret a Powder plays a key role in making that happen. If the trip is short enough, I can pack this powerful powder and avoid bringing shampoo, conditioner, a blow dryer and flat iron along for the ride. It’s a godsend!
- I do not travel without Dickinson’s Cleansing Astringent Towelettes. Each one is oil-free and nondrying, but works to perfectly tone my skin after cleansing in the evening. These completely eliminate the need to bring along a bottle of toner and risk a liquid leak or explosion. I absolutely love them.
When I hit the ground in LA, I’ll be dashing to meetings. I keep a Medium Flat Pouch in my work tote to corral my business cards, signature lip, lip balm, concealer stick, and breath mints – all things that I never want to be caught without. This pouch can also hold my phone so if I’m going to a happy hour or lunch and don’t want to drag my entire bag along with me, I can toss in my ID and credit card and I’m good to go!
As you can see, my luggage and my life are littered with Stephanie Johnson. I get so many compliments on the prints and, beyond being beautiful, each versatile piece truly does make travel a breeze. I love the thoughtful details and the way that each bag is designed and organized with the traveler in mind, making this pregnant lady’s cross-country trip a whole lot brighter and a little less daunting!
With a polished coral and beige chevron weave and smooth buff patent trim, our Stephanie Johnson Sag Harbor Collection embodies easygoing East Coast elegance. Coral and beige silk knot zipper pulls add an extra dash of refinement, while crisp aqua blue liner puts a nautical twist on classic chic.
This Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start of summer, and I’m daydreaming of lazy days on Long Island. Here are some of my maritime-inspired favorites:
1. Lisa Marie Fernandez Two Tone Wrap Around Bikini
2. Essie Nail Polish in Naughty Nautical
3. J.Crew Linen Bermuda Shorts
4. Max & Chloe Red Enamel Nautical Necklace
5. Tommy Hilfiger Heritage Rugby Stripe Polo in Pink Glo Multi
6. Heidi Klein Sete Striped Stretch Jersey Mini Dress
7. Audrey Cane Woven Slip-On Boat Shoe in White
Want more Sag Harbor? Watch Stephanie introduce the collection, here:
Inspired by the tranquil island paradise famed for its beautiful pink sand beaches, rainbow cotton knit in candy colored pastels invites you to view the world through rose colored glasses. With a serene turquoise liner, playful pink trim and splashy metallic gold ball zipper pulls, our Stephanie Johnson Bermuda Collection conjures sunset cocktails, a gentle ocean breeze, and the dream of eternal summer. Here’s what else I brought along for my Bermuda getaway:
1. LemLem Lilly Striped Slub Cotton-Blend Dress
2. Mara Hoffman Ananda Swimsuit
3. Chan Luu Gold Plated, Jade and Leather Five Wrap Bracelet
4. Jack Rogers Neon Whipstitch Thong Sandal, Lime
5. J Brand 1046 Low Rise Cut-Off Denim Shorts in Neon Pink
6. Gap Essential Stripe V-Neck Tee in Red Stripe
7. Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette
Want more Bermuda? Get to know our new Bermuda Collection here: